Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE) is a violation of AtlasMaestro’s terms of service, and is considered spam. AtlasMaestro has a zero tolerance spam policy. AtlasMaestro’s customer support actively monitors large import lists and emails going to a large number of contacts. Any customer found to be using AtlasMaestro for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Every email contains a mandatory unsubscribe link – those individuals who try to remove this link will be warned that they are doing so. If the link is removed or de-activated in any way, AtlasMaestro will terminate the customer’s account.
What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). By sending email to only to those who have requested to receive it, you are following accepted permission-based email guidelines.
What constitutes a Pre-existing business relationship?
The recipient of your email has made a purchase, requested information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
What constitutes consent?
The recipient of your email has been clearly and fully notified of the collection and use of his email address and has consented prior to such collection and use. This is often called informed consent.
Isn’t there a law against sending Spam?
The federal anti-spam law went into effect on January 1st, 2004 and preempts all state laws. While this new law will not stop spam, it does make most spam illegal and ultimately less attractive to spammers. The law is specific about requirements to send commercial email and empowers the federal government to enforce the law. The penalties can include a fine and/or imprisonment for up to 5 years.
How AtlasMaestro.com protects you from sending spam
AtlasMaestro.com contains a permission-based email-marketing tool that follows the strictest permission-based philosophies:
- Communication – By accepting our license agreement you have agreed to use only permission-based lists and never to sell or rent your lists.
- Unsubscribe – Every email generated from AtlasMaestro.com contains an unsubscribe link which allows your contacts to opt-out of future emails and automatically updates your contact lists to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails to visitors who have unsubscribed.
- Identification – Your email header information is correct because it is pre-set for you by AtlasMaestro.com. Your email’s “From” address is verified and already accurately identifies you as the sender.
- Contact Information – all of your emails are pre-filled with your contact information including your physical address.
How to protect yourself from Spam: Take the Spam Test
- Are you importing a purchased list of ANY kind?
- Are you sending to non-specific addresses such as:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or other general addresses.
If you have answered YES to ANY of the above questions you will likely be labeled a SPAMMER. For more information visit The Coalition Against Unsolicited Email (http://www.cauce.org/) or contact AtlasMaestro Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Document last modified on: September 12, 2011